Established in 1934, the Salem-Roanoke County Chamber of Commerce has worked to strengthen the business climate of the community. The Chamber is operated through a volunteer board of directors that determines policies and sets goals. A president presides over all board meetings. Day-to-day operations are managed by a paid executive director and support staff. Chamber members are encouraged to participate as volunteers for committees and events.
Caroline Goode- Executive Director
Hayley Reed- Special Events Manager
Natalie Schneider- Membership and Accounts Manager
2015 Board of Directors
Yokohama Tire Manufacturing Virginia
1st Vice President
Anne Marie Green
2nd Vice President
Freedom First Federal Credit Union
S-RC Chamber Executive Director
City of Salem
Roanoke County Schools
Land Records Research, LLC
The Renick Group
Ethos Technologies an Evolution of Blue Ridge Copier
Jeffrey Van Doren
Van Doren Law Firm
Salem Parks & Recreation
LewisGale Regional Health System
Salem Red Sox
Teresa Hamilton Hall
Roanoke Valley Alleghany Regional Commission
The Chamber provides a variety of opportunities for member participation through events including:
- Fall Classic Golf Tournament
- Blue Ridge Kite Festival
- Business Showcase
- Annual Awards Dinner
- Networking Breakfasts
- Business After Hours & Wake Up To Business
- Various seminars and programs
- Ads available through the quarterly newsletter, Business Directory & Buyer’s Guide, website, and Valley Life
- Membership Mailing List utilization for special promotions
- Sponsorship of Events
- Corporate listing in the Business Directory & Buyers’ Guide and on the website
- Lobby space utilized for members corporate rack cards or business cards
- eBURST email to membership and list events on website calendar
As our mission statement declares, one of our main goals is to strengthen the business climate of the community. In doing so, referrals are an integral part of building up the business in our area. These referrals come through member to member benefits, members acting as a resource, as well as community members calling the office for information. All referrals that are given out by Chamber staff are Chamber members.
- Regional Development Committee works to promote economic development and regional cooperation by encouraging programs that bring education and employers together to improve career awareness in the Valley.
- Blue Ridge Kite Festival Committee is highly energized by volunteers from across the region. This popular annual event is hosted by committed sponsors who value this popular outdoor quality of life event. Join award-winning kite enthusiasts in Green Hill Park on the third Saturday in April.
- Golf Tournament Committee combines over 300 business, government and educational leaders for a two-day event that offers recreation within an excellent networking environment.
- Ambassador Committee works to sustain current memberships, develop new memberships and reinforce the line of communication between Chamber members. Ambassadors are highly visible leaders for all Chamber events and meetings.
- Board of Directors is the guiding leadership of Chamber activity, which sets policy and reviews the work of the Chamber. It acts on advisements of the Executive Board and the Finance Committee.
- Annual Scholarship Committee serves as a short-term small group that evaluates scholarship applicants from Salem City and Roanoke County schools.
- Business Owners Roundtable is a group that meets regulary at various locations to discuss challenges and hurdles that only the business owners must tackle.
Legislative Representation is offered to the membership through VaWest. This lobby effort works to promote the area represented by chambers across the western portion of Virginia.
The annual Business Directory and Buyer’s Guide is an excellent referral tool for the Chamber’s membership to use each year. Members are encouraged to utilize this easy-reference resource manual. Member-to-member referrals are encouraged through the use of the directory. The Salem-Roanoke County Chamber publishes and distributes “The Community Connection” e-newsletter fifty two times per year to keep members updated on all Chamber events. Member Promotions area is available and the “ASK THE EXPERT” column allows members to share their expertise.
The Salem-Roanoke County Chamber of Commerce is also associated with the Roanoke Regional Partnership. More about the Partnership can be found at their web site.