Plans have begun for the 57th annual Salem Christmas Parade which is co-sponsored by the Salem-Roanoke County Chamber of Commerce and Salem Kiwanis Club.
The parade is scheduled for Friday, December 6, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.
If bad weather forces cancellation, the parade will be rescheduled for Monday, December 9, 2013.
To Be in the Parade
The parade committee invites you to enter a float, marching unit or an appropriate novelty decorated with a Christmas theme.
Complete the entry form and return it with your entry fee to the Chamber before November 8th.
- An entry fee of $50 is required to process your application.
- A $40 entry fee will be charged for non-profit organizations. Your entry fee covers parade promotional expenses as well as mailings and prizes.
Details and directions concerning the place and time of line-up and your unit number will be sent to you by November 20th.
Be sure the contact on your registration form is the PERSON RESPONSIBLE for your parade entry.
All participants should be aware of and obey the following rules:
- No objects of any kind are to be thrown or distributed along the parade route by parade participants. This activity will cause your entry to be removed from the parade. Do not distribute candy, flyers, etc.
- Do not use a live Santa Clause on your float. The “official” Santa will ride on the fire truck at the end of the parade.
- No live animals are allowed in the parade.
- Vehicles and floats entered in the parade must be decorated with a Christmas theme. Failure to comply will cause your entry to be removed from the line-up and your entry will not be judged. No exceptions.
NOTE: Any violations to the above will disqualify you from participating in the 2014 Salem Christmas Parade.
WE CANNOT PROCESS LATE REGISTRATIONS! MAIL YOUR ENTRY TODAY!
Entries must be postmarked on or before November 8th.
All parade entries will be judged and prizes will be presented to the entries for:
- Best Marching Group
- Best Religious Theme
- Best Old-fashioned Christmas Theme
- Best Children’s Group
To Become a Parade Sponsor
Please submit your completed sponsorship form with the appropriate fee to the Chamber by November 8th.