Join us Saturday, December 4th, 10 am – 2 pm, for our annual Gingerbread Festival- a Salem Holiday Tradition! This family-friendly event features a Gingerbread House Competition, holiday vendors, S’mores treats, gingerbread cookie decorating, and entertainment. And don’t forget, visits with Santa! Over 1,500 community members attended in 2020.
For only the second year, visit the Gingerbread houses at the Salem History Museum starting November 30th. The festival will be held in Longwood Park.
Gingerbread House Competition Rules
- The Gingerbread House Competition will be held at the Salem Museum, 801 E Main Street, on Saturday, December 4 from 10 am to 2 pm. Admission is free.
- Visitors are invited to preview the houses during the prior week to avoid the crowds.
- Each entry will be assigned an entry number which must be displayed with your house, along with a description including the creator’s name, category and the title of the piece.
- Size cannot be larger than 20” x 20”
- Each entry must be constructed of only edible products. Creations that include inedible construction materials will not be eligible for awards.
- The Salem Museum is not responsible for collapses or other damage to the gingerbread creations.
- Entries must be delivered to the Salem Museum on November 23-24 or 26-27 between 10 am and 4 pm to be eligible for awards.
- Entries may be picked up after 2pm on December 4, and must be picked up by December 11. The Museum is open Tuesday-Saturday, 10 am to 4 pm. Entries left at the Museum after December 11 will be disposed of.
- Masks are required for all visitors regardless of vaccination status. Attendees will be expected to follow the directions of staff and volunteers in order to maintain a safe and enjoyable event for all.